Can I Claim Brother With Disability With Social Security As Dependent Disability And Tax Dependency?

Disability and tax dependency? - can i claim brother with disability with social security as dependent

Background:
My brother is totally disabled. He was born with cerebral palsy, then had a car accident 5 years ago. Get Social Security disability, about $ 975/month (11700 $ / year), which is clearly not enough to live on their own. So does my family.

What do I need to know is that I can ask my income as a dependent, and if I do not, you lose your disability? The first part of the question that I'm pretty sure that is so, that he is a parent who is disabled and provide over 50% of support (roof over your head, all his food, electricity, etc.), but I would like to confirm this.

The second part is where I am a little confused. I tried to call the Social Security Administration (SSA) to know, but I can not do much, as I ask &# 039, I am not the person who receives benefits. I think that addiction is not a criterion for determining disability benefits, as the reputation. But my brother-sister is super paranoid and call the SSA itself, so I can not be 100% secure.

So what is a dependent under the IRS? You lose if the SSA disability claim be made? If the answer is "yes" and "No" please let me know if the information is confirmed (IRS code, the code of the SSA / etc Act).

0 comments:

Post a Comment